Seestrasse 14B l CH-5432 Neuenhof l Tel. +41 56 406 12 12 l email. email@example.com
SPECTRAFLOW CROSSBELT ANALYZER - CALIBRATION SAMPLES
Definition of the Calibration Range
- All constituents to be measured have to be defined. As a standard models for CaO, SiO2, Al2O3,Fe2O3 and moisture (Cement/Limestone Quarry) are included. If other oxides need to be measured, they have to be defined
- In a second step the chemical ranges of the raw materials have to be defined:
Preparation of the Calibration Samples
According the data in the material data table SpectraFlow Analytics defines a sample plan. These samples are needed for the final calibration.
- Take different samples from the mine or the conveyor belt. Each sample has to be crushed, homogenized and XRF analyzed. According the XRF analysis the sample will be listed in the sample plan. If 70 % of the samples in the sample plan are listed no more samples have to be taken from the mine.
- Raw Material Samples:
Please send us all raw material samples ground, homogenized, XRF measured, clearly labeled and packed in a solid plastic bag resp. container.
The amount per sample should be 10kg
Detailed explanation of preparing the Raw Material samples
- take one raw material samples from each distinct position in the mine
- put each sample in a separate bucket
- put each sample in the drying chamber for 24 hours
- crush each sample to the grain size on the conveyor belt
- homogenize each sample in a bucket. Therefore put the sample in a clean bucket and shake the bucket well.
- fill the sample in a clean container (plastic bag, plastic container)
- clearly label the sample inside and outside the plastic bag (e.g. PlantName_RawMaterial1_LimestoneA_Date)
- analyze a fraction of each sample with XRF