SPECTRAFLOW ANALYTICS RECEIVES ORDER FOR A CROSSBELT ANALYZER FOR POTASH RAW MATERIAL HANDLING OPTIMIZATION FROM IBERPOTASH, SPAIN
Iberpotash, part of the globally acting ICL group ordered a SpectraFlow Crossbelt Analyzer for raw material handling for their potash production facility in Suria, Spain. This is the first installation within the ICL group and the second installation in Spain. With the orders from the iron ore, gold, platinum, bauxite, cement, recycling and copper industries, this order expands the SpectraFlow application field to potash.
About ICL group:
The ICL group is a multi-national cooperation active in the chemicals and minerals sector. Founded in 1968 and privatized in 1992 the organization was expanding since 2001 fast by acquiring Iberpotash in Spain and Cleveland Potash in the UK in the field of potash production and Astaris and Supresta in the US in the phosphate production beside other companies.
Since 2012 a main focus of the company is driving innovation by identifying new markets for its products as well as optimizing the efficiency of its productions process. The SpectraFlow Online Analyzer is part of this strategy, as the optimization of raw material handling is a key to increase the efficiency in any operation. Beside excellent results of SpectraFlow in potash also phosphate has huge potential using the NIR measurement technology on which SpectraFlow is based on.
SpectraFlow Installation for Raw Material Handling Optimization:
The SpectraFlow Crossbelt Analyzer is an online analyzer able to measure raw materials on belt conveyors. As raw material from the mine is processed through a crusher it is on the conveyor belt afterwards statistically homogeneous and therefore the analytical results of the SpectraFlow Crossbelt Analyzer are very accurate. Based on these accurate results the operators can optimize the feed into the crusher and the mine operation. This results in precise control of the raw material feed into the plant and a higher efficiency in the raw material handling in the mine.
By using SpectraFlow an optimization of the raw material handling will be achieved.
Summarized benefits are:
- Real online analysis and zero interaction with the processed raw material on the conveyor belt.
- Very high proportion of directly analyzed raw material compared to sampling and conventional online analysis methods.
- No need of any sampling. Sampling from conveyor belts is unrepresentative and slow for process optimization. Additionally sampling is very work intensive regarding operation and maintenance.
- The raw material feed into the crusher can be optimized in real time. Raw Material composition can be directly observed by the crusher operators.
- The raw material feed into the plant can be optimized in real time. Raw Material composition can be directly observed by the processing plant operators.
- Near-Infra-Red is the only online analysis technology, which can directly analyze mineral phases, which is crucial for many mineral processing facilities.
- Near-Infra-Red is the only analyzer technology free of any hazardous components/sources. Therefore SpectraFlow is the only online analyzer free of any import permits and operational licenses. No radiation officers are required.
This SpectraFlow order is the 1st order for the Potash Industry and the 20th installation in Europe. This order raises the installed based in Spain to 2 analyzers (2 Crossbelt) and worldwide to 54 analyzers (30 Crossbelt & 24 Airslide).
SpectraFlow Analytics Ltd. Switzerland are the experts in providing online analysis for the cement and minerals industry without any radioactive sources nor neutron generators. The NIR technology used for the SpectraFlow Analyzers is not requiring any permits or licenses and there are no restrictions in buying, importing or maintaining the analyzers. This results in very low operating costs and high availability of the analyzers combined with highly accurate measurement results.